Finally getting around to posting some of my older recipes! This is a little late, but perfect for the holidays. Or a summer treat! These can also be made with an Adult twist – with Pinnacle Whipped Vodka – if you wanna mix it up a bit.
Paleo “Elvis” Egnogg Popsicles
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup CalifiaFarms Holiday Nog (Can use regular almond milk if you are not into eggnog)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or 1 vanilla bean, insides scraped)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup nut butter (I used almond, but @sunbutter will have more of a peanut-butter taste)
- Salted dark chocolate for drizzling (@TheoChocolate) OR @EnjoyLifeFoods mini chocolate chips
- Optional: coconut butter for a coconutty-taste
- OPTIONAL: 1/3 cup liquor of choice (vanilla or whipped vodka, cream liquor or rum)
- Throw all ingredients except for chocolate in a blender until smooth
- If using mini chocolate chips, put 1 Tbsp into the bottom of each Popsicle mold
- Pour mix into Popsicle molds and freeze for 3-5 hours, or until set
- Once Popsicles are set, run under warm water to loosen them out of the mold
- If drizzling the chocolate over your Popsicles, melt the chocolate over a double broiler and drizzle over Popsicles. The chocolate will harden once it hits them
**I know the Califia Farms almond milk eggnog isn’t COMPLETELY paleo, so if you want to make your own at home, edibleharmony.com and angiessuburbanoasis.blogspot.com both have amazingly easy recipes on their site. Happy (Belated) Holidays! ENJOY!!