Recipe adapted from paleoleap (Sweet Potato Buffalo Chicken Casserole). Paleo & Whole30 approved!
- 1 lb of boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large sweet potato, no skin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder;
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp smoked south african pepper (from trader joes)
- 4-5 tbsp Franks Red hot sauce
- 1/8-1/4 cup melted ghee (from trader joes)
- Optional: butter lettuce/spices
Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Combine all ingredients except for sweet potatoes and chicken into a bowl. Chop chicken up into small pieces and add to bowl. Peel skin off of sweet potatoes (or leave on, I just don’t like the skin) and cut into small cubes. Add to bowl and coat everything with the sauce/spices. Pour mixture into a pan/dish (size doesn’t matter) and cook in oven for 35-45 minutes, or until sweet potatoes have softened. **If you don’t want your chicken cooking that long, pre-cook your sweet potato before cutting up and putting in mix.
You can also just throw everything in a crockpot and cook for a few hours!
I placed the mix on a bed of butter lettuce! Enjoy!