Soooo sometimes I like to bake… And also, when I have a bunch of things in my cupboard that I forgot about. When I run into this conundrum, I like to throw all forgotten items together and see what happens. Insert: Baileys salted caramel liqueur, trader joe’s cocoa almond spread, caramel, and eggs that were going to expire soon. End result? A pan of ooey, gooey brownies, topped with chocolate caramel gelato and melted caramel sauce. Recipe is below!
Chocolate Salted Caramel Nutella Brownies
- 1-13 oz jar of nutella (I used Trader Joe’s Cocoa Almond Spread)
- 1/3 cup Baileys Salted Caramel cream liqueur (optional)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (can double the coconut flour instead of using this for a more cakey/drier consistency)
- 1/4 cup sugar (I used coconut)
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- Trader Joe’s Fleur De Sel Caramel Sauce
- Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Caramel Sea Salt Gelato – I found this in the healthy frozen ice cream section @ Kroger (optional)
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (optional)
Heat oven to 350 F. Mix all ingredients in 1 bowl, minus the caramel sauce and gelato. The consistency should be a little thicker than a normal brownie mix – If it looks a little runny, add in a little bit more flour. Grease a 9×9 glass pan with butter and pour the mixture in.
Bake for a total of 25-30 minutes. 5-10 minutes before the brownies are finished, take out and drizzle caramel sauce over top, then put back in oven for the remaining time. The caramel should be bubbling a little bit, and the brownies should a little gooey when they are taken out. Serve warm, topped with chocolate gelato, a drizzle of caramel sauce, and a pinch of salt. Enjoy!